About this room
Part of room/house, with other guests
This forest hut is a historic building, the school of the abandoned settlement of Palio Livadi. The school was used up to 1953, when the settlement was moved by the British Colonial Army to an area near the town of Morphou (now under Turkish occupation). The rest of the settlement was demolished so that the inhabitants would not return.
Access only on foot/bike: 4 hrs from Stavros tis Psokas, 4 hrs from Pomos village.
No electricity. Running water, wc, shower with boiler for heating water with firewood, 3 bedrooms, common kitchen. Fireplace in each bedroom. No neighbours except for the Forest Hut “Livadi Old Forest Station”.
Supply of a bag of fire-wood included in the price.
Nature and surroundings
The forest hut is in the Paphos Forest and away from villages or other built settlements. There is a picnic area nearby where the waste can be taken. The building was restored by the Department of Forests in 2022.
Animals around: Cyprus mouflon, eagles, foxes. Inside the Paphos National Forest Park. Trails and cycling earth roads connecting to other areas like Pomos, Yialia, Lysos and Stavros tis Psokas.
Activities: hiking, trekking, cycling etc.